Hiring a professional genealogist offers many advantages, including in-depth knowledge of record sets and resources which may provide evidence relevant to your research goal. A further value is the ability to correlate evidence and provide a coherent, written report which includes complete and accurate citations to all sources of information.
All projects include:
- Contract: A written agreement will identify the scope of the research project and any limitations on time or expense.
- Review: After an initial consultation to determine research goals and needs, Thomas will review any previous research provided by the Client.
- Planning: A research plan is created, identifying a range of resources to be consulted, with an emphasis on high-quality, original source material.
- Research: Sources are examined, carefully documented, and abstracted or transcribed.
- Analysis: Evidence is analyzed and interpreted. Any conflicting evidence is resolved.
- Report: Once the project is completed, a final written research report is presented to the client in PDF format.
Rates & Fees:
- Research Services (Unknown Parentage & DNA Cases)
$35.00/hour, minimum of twenty (20) hours.
- Research Services (All Other Cases)
$35.00/hour, minimum of ten (10) hours.
- Incidental Expenses
Any charges relating to postage, photocopies, parking, long-distance telephone calls, computer charges, microfilm rental, travel or other incidental expenses will be billed at cost.
- Record Retrieval
A complete citation or reference to the document must be provided. Service available at select Massachusetts repositories. Please inquire for pricing.